Saturday, January 31, 2009

Rough night

Last night was a rough night; not because of baby, but because of Emma. She went to bed fine, then woke up crying around 11 p.m. She and MJ both have had runny noses and coughs so I figured she wasn't feel very well. I rocked her a little bit then put her back down. I sat with her as she kept closing her eyes and drifting off. It was really peaceful just sitting by her bed watching her sleep. I got up to leave and didn't close the door. I thought for sure she was out; that's when the rough part started. She started crying again and came up the stairs after me. I decided to bring her to bed with us. Josh was reading a magazine so she kind of read it with him. Then, she got out of bed, took her clothes off and went into the bathroom. So I went to help her. No potty. Got back in bed. By this time I am really tired, but can't sleep (Apparently she couldn't either.) We all lay back down. At one point Josh says Emma you really need to go sleep in your bed. And you know what she does? She gets out of our bed and goes downstairs. I couldn't believe it. I thought this is just too good to be true. And it was. Josh went to check on her and she came back with him. Finally about midnight I gave her some medicine and we went and rocked. She finally fell asleep. I made it back to our bed at 2:30 a.m. What a night. Surprisely, I only slept in until 7:30 and feel just fine this morning. Thank goodness. 

This afternoon my wonderful sister-in-law Stephanie is hosting a baby shower for me so the girls and I are headed to that. It should be fun to see some friends and family I haven't gotten to chat with for awhile. I had some pangs in my back again this morning, but they have come and gone. 

Be sure and leave your comments for the baby stats contest! Have a great Saturday!

1 comment:

J Harris said...

Oh my, I could have wrote that. I'm hoping for a better night tonight. I'll post a recap tomorrow and I'll be thinking of you!