Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Mom, tell me about babies...

Me: Okay, what about babies? 

MJ: Like how do they get out?

Me: Get out of where? 

MJ: Your tummy? What happens first? 

Yup, that's the conversation little MJ and I had tonight. She asked how the baby would get out of my tummy. So, I told her about my uterus contracting, moving the baby down the birth canal, etc. I explained the other body parts too, making sure I went slow and she got to ask the questions. I didn't want to tell more than she was asking yet. I told her exactly where the baby would exit my body and she said, "Oh, I thought it would come out your belly button!" Good thing we cleared that up!

I kept asking do you have any more questions and she kept saying yes, one more. I kept waiting for the big one, "How did the baby get in your tummy?" but it didn't come. It is something I want to be prepared to answer for her, but I was a little relieved she didn't ask it yet. I thought during this pregnancy it might come up though. After awhile she seemed satisfied with the information and began to ask again about her and Emma's birth stories. Then she wanted to know stories about when she was a baby. Good thing I scrapbooked it all because I have a hard time remembering without looking back. I was able tell her a few things. Today she told me she really needed some Mom time. Tonight we made the baby blanket she's been wanting to make, so that was good. Then we read books and she asked to snuggle before bed. We both fell asleep. I can't believe how grown up she's getting, yet she still seems so little some days. She's an amazing little blessing that I thank God for every day. 

1 comment:

Crystal said...

what cute little girls you have maggie! and smart ones. well you said in your last post they think you are going to have your baby on saturday looks like you are going to have to re schedule your baby shower silly!!! then i can come. let us know if we can help out anyway!