Monday, January 5, 2009

It's the New Year!

Can't believe it's the new year already! I've had to write a few checks and fortunately have been able to make myself write 2009 on them. We had a relaxing New Year. It seems Josh is in the "nesting" phase. Yes, I said Josh. And I am following closely behind. He's been in the sorting, organizing, donating, trashing, etc. mood. But, that is a good thing. There have been projects in the house that have gone undone. And we've lived here six months! That's hard to believe. We both feel like we have way too much stuff and want to simplify our lives more, so we've spent the last week/weekend trying to do just that. He also will be gone next week so I think he's a little nervous about leaving me home alone to try to finish everything myself.

We found some Christmas totes on sale and I packed up all the holiday stuff. We were able to downsize by about five cardboard boxes and everything fits nicely on one shelf in the garage. It had all been in the store room in the basement, so it's nice to see more bare shelves. It is amazing to me how long it takes to do a project like that though. I also tackled a bathroom closet that had been disorganized since move-in day. Such a good feeling to have it more functional now. We also set-up the crib in the playroom, reorganized the toy closet and moved a few things down to the girls' bedrooms. 

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. I'm 35 weeks now. I'm hoping this baby is content with staying in the womb awhile longer. Fortunately, I'm not uncomfortable yet and need as many weeks as possible to get ready.

Emma was supposed to have speech this morning, but it was moved to next week. We got another snow storm last night, so the therapist couldn't come over. We've been working with picture/word flashcards and books. I am definitely seeing more progress with her. She's attempting everything now, which before if the sound seemed too hard she might not even try. She is able to get the syllables and more sounds come all the time. I am hopeful in a few years you won't even know she struggled with language. In the meantime, we'll keep working with her. She's such a happy, smart little girl. It's hard to watch your child struggle with something, but I know things are the way they should be right now. I am learning more patience and understanding, which I can always use more of. And thankfully, this is a small thing. We have been blessed with very healthy kids. So many other families have much bigger issues to deal with. 

Well, I best get to work. Have a good week!

No comments: