Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wednesday

Today was a good day. My friend Lisa took MJ to school and Emma and I spent the morning reading and hanging out. After lunch we played a card game, then Carla came by to visit. She took the girls to run errands and get MJ to ballet. Jayten and I caught an afternoon nap. I had set my alarm, but slept right through it. I guess I really needed that nap! I was awakened by two little girls jumping on my bed! My other friend Christi and her girls stopped by for a quick visit and to bring dinner. It was yummy! The girls and I finished the evening with a movie.

I have been praying a lot lately for patience and grace, and for God to help me recognize when I just need to take time out from the stress and just "be" with my kids. I really felt peace about things today. I worked a little, but it didn't consume my day and I didn't have to feel guilty about letting MJ watch TV all afternoon. Life is such a balancing act and it's nice to feel "balanced" every now and then. :) 

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love this background - I picked it out for our new NJSA blog - but it's not professional enough so I need to get something else for that - but I was thinking I need to change mine to this - HA!

Crystal said...

i was telling jared and steph on tuesday that i think he looks alot like emma! he is so cute!

Maggie said...

That's so funny you picked the same one. I just felt we needed another change and this one still matches the header I made. I thought about trying to make one myself last night, but decided sleep was probably more important then designing a blog background. :)

Thanks! Yes, I am definitely seeing more of Emma in Jayten; he is just like a "boy" version of her.