



Do they much cuter than this? Yes, I know we're partial, but really isn't he perfect?!. We arrived home at 11:40 Tuesday evening. Jayten ate at 1 a.m. then slept until 7 a.m. It was great. He slept all through last night too, but tonight I have to wake him up and make sure he eats more. Tomorrow (Friday) we have our three-day check-up at the birthing center. Wednesday we went to see his pediatrician. She said he was perfect. He weighed 7 lbs. so he'd only lost 4 oz. Still measured 21 inches long. (Never know if they'll measure the same both places). Carla had taken MJ to school and Josh picked up both girls then took them to lunch so I could rest. They were very excited to get home. Emma was much more excited to see Jayten and kept saying, "My baby." She can even say his name or a pretty good attempt at it. Before when we were trying to decide on names she couldn't say any of them. I guess we picked the right one since she seems to say it now. We had narrowed it down to three, then to two on our way to the doctor Tuesday. We wanted to wait until we saw him. We came up with Jayten on our own. Had never seen or heard it before. The more we said it, the more we liked it and after seeing him, we just knew it fit.
We had gotten the girls a few things from their little brother. MJ received a disposable camera so she could take pictures. She just loves it, and a couple 1st reader books. Emma got a new baby boy doll, bottle and a stroller. She was so excited. She immediately started playing with them and they have kept her really entertained. She seems to be doing pretty well adjusting, although we know two-year-olds can be unpredictable. She might have a love/hate relationship with little brother for awhile. We're just trying to be patient and take each day moment by moment.
That's what a new baby does though. Their arrival makes you stop and take notice of the little things. I want time to stand still right now (I always do, but I'm much more aware of actually living each moment now that we have this new life with us.) I hope I can keep this perspective of taking life slower for quite some time.
No comments:
Post a Comment