We had a great visit with my folks; it's never long enough, but always so nice to have time together. Dad tackled a few projects for me: putting up shelves, fixing a few things. I tried to keep my list short this time. He also was able to go with Josh a few days and help him too. Thanks Dad! My parents also made their famous burritos so we'd have some in the freezer and we cooked up some meat so mealtimes are prepared much faster. We took them to the airport last Sunday. All three of us girls were in tears as we drove away. But, we'll see them again this summer. Yeah!
Jayten had his two-week check-up last Thursday. He weighed 8 lbs., 8 oz. and had grown a 1/2 inch. The doctor said he was doing great. Friday night Mom and I attended a Girls Night Out at my friend's house. It was so nice to hang out with the girls. Jayten slept the whole time.
Tuesday we went to Nampa for Zeke's birthday. It was nice to catch up with Josh's mom and brothers/sister-in-law as we hadn't seen them in awhile.
On Wednesday I had my 3-week post partum visit, then had a photo shoot on my way back home. The girls got to stay with Grandma Carla and Jayten slept the whole time, waking just once to eat then was back to sleep again. Check out my photo blog in the next few days for a sneak peek at the session. I couldn't believe how much this little guy had grown since I took his newborn pics.
MJ had another good week at preschool. Emma was much better behaved at speech this week. We're working at trying to say two and three words phrases when asking for things. Last week she had a terrible time focusing since G'ma and G'dad were here. Part of the time, the girls played with Playdoh with her therapist. I hadn't gotten it out in a long time. They have played with it every day since. I had forgotten how entertaining that stuff can be.
This week has gone really fast. I felt pretty comfortable getting out with all the kids by myself this week, but was also really tired too. I really need to figure out some sort of routine so that I don't feel like each day is just a blur. I want to enjoy the days as they go by so fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment