Thursday, February 26, 2009

Mexican Pork Stew

My sister gave me this recipe and I hadn't tried it yet, but we made it when my folks were here. Typically I feel a recipe is just a suggestion and I add to or take away depending on ingredients on hand or my tastes. I guess it's an inherited trait as my Dad and Grandma do the same thing. However, I followed this recipe this time. It turned out great. 

Mexican Pork Stew

Pork bottom roast (we found pork stew meat at the grocery store so we used that to save having to cut up the roast)
1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can Ranch style beans with jalepenos
2 cans Green chili sauce
Garlic powder, chili powder, meat tenderizer and black pepper to taste. 

Cut up roast (or use pork stew meat) into bite-size pieces. Season meat with spices. Add all other ingredients. Cook in crockpot. We cooked ours on low for 6 hours. 

We topped ours with cheese, sour cream and crushed tortilla chips. (Baked tortilla strips are great too.)

Enjoy! Thanks Lace!

No comments: