Tuesday, February 10, 2009

One week old





Today Jayten turned one week old. It was also his due date. I can't imagine not having him with us. He is such a good baby. Two days ago I caught him sucking on his finger, yesterday  it was his thumb, today he got a binkie. It was kind of cute though, seeing him sucking his thumb. It wouldn't be that bad if he found a way to self soothe, but having one child who took a binkie and one who sucks her fingers, I think I prefer the pacifier. I, myself, was a thumb sucker and I remember it took me a long time to officially stop using it for comfort. Plus, with the binkie, we can decide when it's time to say goodbye to it.

I am glad this week hasn't gone by too fast. Time just goes by so quickly and they are only little for so long. I've noticed that with Emma lately too. Until Jayten was born, she still seemed so little, like my baby. Now, she seems so grown up compared to him. She is just as capable of getting me diapers, burp rags and the Boppy pillow as MJ is. In fact, I have to give them each a different task or they fight over who gets to help! And even though she can't say as much as MJ, she knows exactly what I'm saying and usually tries to beat her sister to whatever it was I asked for. She is talking a lot more this week too. Today at speech her therapist made several comments about how well she did and how much improvement she saw in just one week. She was much more engaged today. MJ and I even had time to play a couple games while Emma had her lesson. That was good for Mackenzie and I too. I had so much work to do before Jayten, and still have one deadline I'm trying to finish up this week. I was pushing so hard to get things done before he arrived. I just feel like if I don't stop and make time for my kiddos, the time will be gone. Fortunately, after this deadline I don't have another one until the end of March and it will be a small project compared to what I've been doing. I love the flexibility of my job; yet deadline time is always stressful. I still feel fortunate to have this opportunity though.

Josh is headed to a bull sale tomorrow to help his brother. They have eight head selling. We'll be on our own until Saturday, but we have friends and family who have stepped in to help again with getting MJ to/from school and bringing dinner. Thank goodness for all of them. My folks will also be here Saturday. Yeah! Looking forward to their visit. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Maggie-It's Erin, I think Jayten and Emma look a lot alike. You can tell they are siblings :)

Jennifer said...

He is so sweet - love his pics! The first is my fav!

Maggie said...

Thanks! He did look awfully cute sucking his thumb.

Yes, I think Jayten and Emma have the same nose and my dipple chin. I need to get some photos of all three kiddos at this age and compare.