

MJ has been showing steers for about two years. I think it was the 2006 Western Idaho Fair when she dragged three lead ropes around all day, combing them, brushing them, tying them up. Ever since then whenever she finds some twine and a small tree branch, she pretends she's showing. That's all this little girl needs-that and a big imagination to have hours of fun. Some days she ties the twine up, gives it a bath, combs it out and fits it. I even have gotten in on the fun of showing in the yard. (No picture evidence of that yet, though. :) ) Today, Emma and I sat in lawn chairs and watched. She was having so much fun, I didn't have the heart to tell her she was standing on the wrong side. Oh well. She's never said anything about wanting to show a real animal. Right now, she's content with her twine and a stick. Gotta love it! Um, she's never mentioned showing a horse...maybe I need to put that thought in her head. Won't Josh be thrilled!


No comments:
Post a Comment