Thursday, March 6, 2008

Little cooks in the kitchen





















I think I've mentioned how both of the girls love to help me in the kitchen. MJ usually gets her bench and pulls it over to where I'm working and asks to help somehow. Emma now has started bringing anything she can find to boost her up to the counter too. She finds the stool, if MJ leaves it temporarily or she'll pull a dining room chair in the kitchen. Lately, she's been dragging over the little cooler Josh uses for vaccines. This night, I decided I really could work faster without little hands, so instead I gave Emma a spoon and pie plate. Well, she had a blast just playing with all of it. When MJ walked in and saw how much fun Emma was having it got her creative juices flowing and she said they had to have food in those pans. MJ would tell Emma, "Here, you make this, now stir it around. Yeah, Emma, just like that." Before I knew it, we had this big crazy food mess in the kitchen, but we were all together. They were having fun and I was getting dinner on the table a little faster. 

No comments: