Monday, March 3, 2008
Growing up
Tonight Mackenzie asked me to rock her after we read books. The girls are still pretty good at the bedtime routine of listening to the children's radio program, brushing teeth, reading books, saying prayers then going to bed. But lately, she's been asking to rock more. As long as she asks before she's tucked into bed, I will indulge her. And I'm so glad I do. It seems we have our best conversations then. Not that I don't enjoy talking to her throughout the day, but there is something special about the time we have sitting in the dark in the living room, rocking and talking. I just love it too that even when I forget to say it's time for prayers, she'll say, "It's time to pray Mom." There are moments when I feel rather inadequate at talking about and explaining God to her. And then there are times when I feel by his grace, I have been given the words to express the love he has for us and for other people. Tonight was one of those nights. And as I hummed a lullaby and tickled her back (another part of the rocking routine), I just looked down at her little face and felt overwhelmed at how fast she is growing up. She is this amazing little person that Josh and I have the privelege of raising. When I stop and take the time to think about it, it is quite overwhelming in a wonderful way. What blessings we've been given.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment