Wednesday morning we went to story hour at the library. Then we played at the park for awhile before we headed to get their haircuts. We're all really ready for spring and warm, dry weather. We've had a few nice days of high 40 to 50 degree temps, so that's a welcome relief from the big winter we've had here. No complaints about the moisture though. I know it will be nice once the grass greens up. MJ talked to the hairdresser the whole time. Tonya just laughs and visits back with her. Emma did pretty well while her hair was trimmed too. I sat her up there and she looked so cute. Her little blond head and puffy cheeks stuck out of the top of this huge cape. I wish I'd had my camera. She kept looking in the mirror and smiling that huge grin. It probably took only five minutes to trim her hair, but she was pretty squirmy by the end. She doesn't like anything in it right now, so I try to give it a little curl and call it good. When we got home, MJ and I baked some cookies to send to my Granddad in Kansas. She also colored him a picture too.
Josh left Thursday a.m. for Kansas. He and his dad are going to a cattle sale. We'll miss him, but glad he gets to make the trip. He'll be totally in his element. The girls and I spent more time outside today. It was another nice day. Emma and I were spectators as Mackenzie showed her steer. (Orange twine she drags around and pokes at with a stick.) The three of us walked down the road to get the mail. MJ was so excited the road was dry and we didn't have to try to walk around the mud. Emma and I stopped on the way back to the house to check the horses water. When we got back to the yard, MJ was lying out on a towel with three popsicles. She was waiting for us. This kid is really ready for summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment