Monday, February 25, 2008

Playdoh



The girls wanted to play with Playdoh the other day--okay, Mackenzie wanted to play Playdoh, and Emma wants to do everything Mackenzie does. They had a lot of fun. It was the first time Emma had played with it, and she did remarkably well. I was afraid she'd try to eat it, but she never did. She rolled it, patted it, tried to cut it with a cookie cutter and smooshed it around in her hands. She was quite animated and talked the whole time. Mackenzie also talked the whole time she played, explaining she owned a bakery and she was baking pastries and good treats. She said she'd been baking for 72 years. I asked how old she was and she replied, "Seven." So, I said wow, you were baking before you were born! She just laughed and said, well maybe it had been in her family for 72 years. She went on and on about her family, what they liked to do. Kept asking what kind of pastries I liked. She described what she was making, why she was doing it that way, what filling she used in them. I think she made strawberry filled pastry cookies or something like that. 
She'd use the pan to flatten them out. Then, say the emblem that showed up (Pampered Chef) was the design of the store and it stamped them on her cookies. She'd put them in the pan, as that was the cookie tray, then she'd bake them. She had a great time. Definitely worked the imagination today. 

No comments: