It's All About Him-Finding the Love of My Life by Denise Jackson--I actually won this book from the Christian radio station I listen to. It came to me at just the right time. It's written by country singer Alan Jackson's wife, Denise. They spent some time separated, and the book talks a lot about once she truly gave herself and her situation over to God, she knew she would be fine, whether they were able to reconcile or not. God was who she needed more than anyone.
Don't Bet Against Me by Deanna Favre--Josh got this for me for my birthday. Football player Brett Favre's wife, Deanna, writes about dealing with many losses, her and Brett's struggles, her faith, and battling and surviving breast cancer.
Inside My Heart, Choosing to Live with Passion and Purpose by Robin McGraw-Another gift from my hubby. Written by Dr. Phil's wife. This one was interesting. Talked a lot about how we do have the choice to make our lives what we want them to be, whatever our dreams are.
Love & Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs--This is the biggest must-read book for married couples and those thinking they might get married. My friends and I did a study with it awhile back. I need to read it again too. It was such a "ahah" moment when I started reading it. It talks about the love women desire and the respect men need. And the great thing is, it offers real tips on how to show your spouse love and/or respect. I can't say enough about this awesome book. It explains so much about men and women, and their relationship to each other. And it's based on Biblical wisdom.
No comments:
Post a Comment