For the big game, Josh found a new brownie recipe he wanted me to try. The girls and I made them the night before. It's always fun cooking with them. We made a boxed brownie mix and put half the batter in a 9 X 13 pan. Then, we broke up Hershey Symphony bars and laid them out over the batter. Emma even helped. She would put one down, and then want to pick it back up. I also had to watch her close because she'd take a bite of one then want to put it down. After the candy bar layer, we put the rest of the batter down, then baked them according to the box. I probably can't even count it as a real recipe, it was so easy. I think they were a big hit at the party. Since we were all cheering for the Giants, it turned out to be a great game for us. Luckily, we woke up this morning to a clear day. Josh is getting really tired of the snow. I don't blame him. We have several mounds piled up around the driveway. I'm going to be optimistic and think about all the green grass we'll have this spring! :) Well, I better get to my day. Emma's trying to stick Cheerios in her ear...
Monday, February 4, 2008
Our weekend
On Saturday, the girls and I headed to Nampa. They stayed with their Nana, and I helped Stephanie refinish some furniture. It seemed like forever since we had hung out and caught up with each other. I was craving some kind of project, so I was glad for the chance to help her out. The girls enjoyed their day too. They always have fun with Josh's Mom. It started off to be a beautiful day, but by 5:00 the snow was falling again. Josh was anxious for us to get home, and with good reason. The wind was really bad at the ranch and had drifted our driveway closed. I called him when I turned onto Elmore so he could scoop out a path for us. We have this tunnel now on either side of the road. The wind howled all night, and it was still snowing Sunday morning. It finally started to clear around noon, so we headed to Nampa for a Superbowl Party at Jared and Stephanie's. Teryn, Crystal, Blayse and Houstyn were there, so the girls had fun playing with the boys. Mackenzie watched about half the game, then we put in a movie for all the kids. She would come running out to see what was happening any time she'd hear us cheer. She kept telling everyone she was cheering for the Giants. She'd also tell them her favorite team was still the Broncos, but she would be cheering for the Giants that game. The other day she asked me who our favorite football player who we watched was. I kept guessing, and finally she said, "No, it's Uncle Zeke!" Later she asked me who our favorite team was, and again I didn't guess right. She picked Zeke's team, the Bulldogs. I think it's neat that as much as we talk about the Wildcats, Boise State and Denver, she still thinks watching Zeke's high school team play last fall was the best.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment