It's 11:30 p.m., Emma. Your sister is asleep on the couch. Your brother is asleep in his crib. Your father is asleep in our bed. I left you in pajamas. You're fully clothed. The TV is showing a blue screen. !!!???! What are you still doing up?
She just looked at me and grinned and laughed. I just had to laugh and give her a hug and tell her she was so silly. So, because Josh was already asleep, I have not gotten the full story about their evening together. But, I tell you this kid has a mind of her own. And for the record, this is not a normal occurance at our house. Our children have a normal bedtime and their Dad takes care of them quite well when I am gone. So, not quite sure what happened tonight.
Tonight I had a meeting with a couple ladies I work with. They were going to come to the house, but I thought since Josh was home, I would just meet them somewhere else. We had an early dinner, then the kids were in pjs and almost ready for bed when I left. Emma was a bit hysterical though. I'm not sure why she was so upset about me leaving, but we had read books and had many hugs and kisses. So, I just had to go. Still, I was quite surprised when I walked in the door and found her waiting up for me.
She seemed wide awake too. I helped her get back into her pjs. She was still saying she didn't want to go to bed, but I tucked her in, and hugged and kissed her goodnight. I came up to get MJ and take her to bed. When I went back to check on E she was out. Silly girl. I hope she sleeps in in the morning. Oh well, it will be a story for her scrapbook.
And now I need to get to bed too.
No comments:
Post a Comment