Monday, January 25, 2010

Weekend Catch Up

Saturday my SIL and I got together for a late birthday lunch. We also made some stops at some local consignment furniture and clothing shops and found some neat stores we've never been too. She treated me to a really neat rack that I'm going to hang with picture frames. I'll have to post a photo once I get it all put together. It was just fun hanging out, visiting and browsing. Thanks again for a great day, S! The kids spent the day with their dad, so after I got home he went out with some friends and the kids and I read books and watched an ice skating movie before bed.

After church on Sunday, the weather was unseasonably warm, so the girls played outside a lot. They got out their cones and soccer ball, then when they tired of that they wanted to play tee ball. J loved being outside too. He wanted to go, go, go! I can see he's going to love the outdoors. This summer could be interesting! We girls took turn batting and running the bases. Later in the afternoon, MJ and E went to M&C's to play with Austin and Isabella, then the rest of us headed up their to watch the Vikings/Saints game.

Today, E, J and I met some new friends for lunch, then ran some errands around town. The girls had ballet and MJ did a cheer camp with the high school cheerleaders. She'll be cheering at tomorrow night's game.

Little J is definitely a walker. I can't believe how fast it all happened. Just in a week's time, he's gone from a few steps at a time, to now walking across rooms and down halls. Oh, I don't know if I'm happy or sad-maybe a little of both. I commented tonight to Josh that I wanted my baby back and, he replied, "Well, he's not talking yet." Good point honey. I guess that is true. :0)

I realize I've had a few posts without pics, so I will try to get some new ones up soon.

No comments: