Thursday, January 21, 2010

Wednesday

This morning I dropped E off at school then came home, and MJ and I played school until I sat down to work on my February issue. MJ headed to school and E got off the bus around noon. I videoed JMan walking some more (BTW-I have been trying to upload a couple new videos of him today, but they don't seem to be working. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.)

I am avoiding the grocery store as long as possible, although we're about out of milk, bread, eggs, butter and cheese, plus some other staple items. Fortunately we have meat and veggies, so we'll be eating fine this week. Tonight I was excited because I ended up throwing together a really great casserole with some things I had in the fridge.

I'm not sure what I'm going to call it. It's kind of like Texas Cavier, but I made it a little saucy with the sour cream and cream cheese. Normally I would put something similar in tortillas to make quesadillas, but I was out of those. So instead I put the cheese and chips on top.

Here are the ingredients:

Diced chicken
black beans
corn
green peppers
onions
tomatoes
sour cream
cream cheese
spices (salt, pepper, cumin, cilantro, garlic)
shredded monterrey jack and cheddar cheese
crushed tortilla chips

I baked it about 20 minutes until it was hot and bubbly and the cheese was melted. My little family of five ate almost an entire 9X13 casserole pan of it. Wow! The kids loved it.

After dinner I took M up to religious ed class, then it was back home for books, prayers and bed. Not too exciting a day, but some fun and laughs were had along the way.

No comments: