Thursday, August 27, 2009

Four more days

Only four more days and my first baby girl starts Kindergarten! She is soooooo excited. Me, not quite so much. Yesterday we loaded up her backpack with school supplies and went to meet her teacher again. We were the only ones in the classroom at the time so it was nice for her to have some one-on-one time. The class will also have a student teacher this year so MJ met her also. She helped her do a little scavenger hunt around the room to find where things are. She also turned in her supplies and found her cubby with her name on it. Several of her preschool friends are in the same class and she's excited to meet some new friends. She's definitely ready. I even asked about taking her to school the first day and she really didn't think that was necessary. She wants to ride the bus. I practically had to beg. That day the kids are all meeting in the cafeteria and walking to class with the teacher. I know it's time and she is really growing up and ready, but each new milestone is bittersweet.

We also met Emma's teacher. She will be going to mornings a week this school year. Her speech has improved so much over the summer, but we definitely see a continued need for help. She is much more expressive, saying a lot of words without prompting or modeling. She also speaks in more sentences.

Little J has been enjoying the Johnny Jump Up we borrowed from Nana. He hangs in the office doorway while I work. I am also happy to report he is sleeping through the night! We've had about two weeks of around 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Thank you Lord! At first, I was finding myself waking up to check on him, but now we're all getting lots of sleep. He is such a happy baby and full of smiles for everyone.

We've ridden Zani twice this week and the girls are just loving it. It's bee good for my soul too.

No comments: