Thursday, August 13, 2009

Busy week

It's been a busy week already. Is it really Thursday? Monday and Tuesday nights we were outside doing things with the horse. The girls and I rode for awhile on Tuesday. It's something they both are getting more interested in.

I've been busy with publications work and editing photo sessions this week. My aunt is coming to visit next week, so we are excited to see her. Next weekend is the state fair and the girls have been talking about it for weeks.

This morning Josh left early so the kids and I packed up and headed to the barn to feed. It was a beautiful morning, not too hot yet. The sun was just coming up. The girls helped get the feed in the buckets and toss the hay to the cattle. I don't get down there as much anymore so it was really nice to have the chance and to have the girls helping me.

MJ stayed with her Nana last weekend and they went shopping for her school supplies. She starts on the 31st. Hard to believe I'll have a Kindergartener soon. Josh and I went out for his birthday last weekend. It was so nice to have a date night. His mom kept all three of the kids. We've also enjoyed spending time watching movies in the evenings lately.

Some things have happened lately that have helped us put life into perspective yet again. We have so much to be thankful for. Don't take anything for granted and hug your loved ones.

Oh and by the way, if I have ever led anyone to believe my life is perfect and I have it all together--I'm sorry and I don't. I took E to Walmart the other day in a green and blue shirt with a hot pink and brown skirt. In my defense, she did dress herself, but I didn't really care what she was wearing. There were no body parts showing, which if you know Emma, that is a big plus. Oh, and her hair was down and all in her face. And she was wearing purple snow boots. On the wrong feet.

And there is playdough all over my floor.

So, just in case you thought my house is always clean and my children always well kept-it's not true.

No comments: