Today it was hard saying goodbye to Lace and her girls. In fact, I was completely fine until she turned to give me a hug. I actually felt this huge emotional wave hit me; it was quite overwhelming and as the tears welled up in my eyes I could have completely lost it. We couldn't hug for long as her one-year-old was toddling off. We watched them get through security and on their way. As we headed home I began to again think about how much I missed her already and how I wanted to be able to just hug her again. I said this last week too. As we go through our day to day lives we don't have time to stop and think about what we're missing out on, but I had that time today as I drove home and was overcome with some sadness. Even the girls felt it. They are both old enough now to realize they enjoy playing with their cousins. They also realize they have created some fun memories together. And that's what we'll think about until we see them again: the fun memories from this past summer. In fact, Lace and I spent some of the drive to the airport remembering the days growing up--water balloon babies, playing restaurant and grocery store with our cousins and having lemonade stands. Good times.
This week was really jammed packed full. On Monday, J had his six-month appointment. Yes, my baby is six months old! He weighed 18 lbs., oz., but of course that was with his cast. He's probably weighing 17 something. He was around 27 inches long. He's rolling over and sitting up quite well now. And he's eating solid foods! More on all that to come. Lacey took the four girls, ages 5, 4, 3 and 1 to the park, then we all went to Walmart. That afternoon we filled the pool up so the girls could play in the water. On Tuesday, we hired two babysitters for the girls and the two of us (and J Man) went shopping. It was fun just having the day to visit and not worry about the kids. Plus they had a blast with the girls from our church who stayed with them. We ate lunch at Quoda Mexican Grill. I'd never been there, but it was great. Then we hit the sales at Kohl's, Old Navy and Burlington Coat Factory. MJ will be wearing a uniform to school this year so I needed to find a few more things. I also found E and J a few things too. On Wednesday J had another doctor's appointment-this one for his leg. The cast was removed and another x-ray done. The doctor said he had a ton of new bone growth and he got a clean bill of health. So thankful for that. The cast really didn't slow him down much, but it sure nice to have that finished. MJ had gone with her Dad to the county fair and the other girls went to the park again with my sister. After she picked us up we hit a couple more shops around town then headed to the fair for lunch and to watch my BIL show his steer in showmanship. It had been a really cool morning, but by afternoon it hit 100 degrees again. We got home and the girls watched a Veggie Tales movie as we prepared dinner. It was a late night for L and I as we were finishing up selecting photos for her wedding album I'm putting together. It's only been 18 months, but we're finally getting it. When you have more than 1,000 photos to choose from, it gets a little overwhelming!! All in all, it was a great visit. We've discovered all of our girls are very independent. They love to mother each other, but not be mothered. It was neat seeing how they all could play well together (for the most part). We miss you girls already! Thanks for coming to visit.
The one thing I don't care too much for in this blogging set-up is the order of how things post. So, if it seems like I've jumped around or things are out of order, be sure and read through all the most recent posts. I will get everything jotted down soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment