Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Turtle Race


Girls in their race t-shirts. (They didn't quite get that I wanted to see their shirts, but posed for photos anyway.)

Emma holding her turtle (Pretty amazing considering this girl isn't quite sure about animals. I was just glad the turtle didn't pop out of its shell. She probably would have totally freaked out and dropped him.)


MJ-my little reptile girl. She's all about animals and all kinds of creatures. So glad she didn't inherit my squeamishness of creepy crawly things.


The girls with Aunt Lacey getting ready to race their turtles.



Heading to the race-Emma, Hailey, Tess and Mackenzie

On Saturday, July 18, our hometown celebrated its Pioneer Day. There were lots of activities going on around town, including the 4-H fair and a parade.

One of the local banks also held it's 19th annual Turtle Race. I remember racing turtles when I was a kid. Uncle Clay had found five turtles so each of the kids had one. We woke up to rain, but Lace and I headed down to register the turtles early, then we all packed up and went down to the race. And fortunately the rain stopped as the event started. Even though our turtles didn't win the kids all had a good time.

No comments: