Thursday, September 3, 2009

Kindergarten


Monday was Mackenzie's first day of Kindergarten. I took her to school and we met her teacher and half her classmates. They split the class, having half come the first day and half the second. Wednesday they were all together. She got to eat a little snack and we took some photos with her friends, Madison and Hannah. Then we said our goodbyes and they went to class. She was very excited and had a great time. She came running off the bus after she got home. She'd already met some new friends on the ride home. She said her favorite part of the day was working in the art center. She had several papers to show us already. 

It wasn't as hard on me as I thought. I know she is going to have a great year. And while I am a little sad to see my little girl growing up, it is exciting to see her enter another chapter in her life. I always enjoyed school, and I hope she and the other two have a love of learning all their lives. It will be neat to see her meet new friends and progress throughout the year. 

*On Tuesday, our friends Sarah, Rylee, Tyler and baby girl Hayden stopped by to visit. It was great seeing them and catching up. The kids had fun playing together too. We don't see them as often as we'd like, but now the girls are in school (R's in 1st grade), maybe we'll see them more. 

**Wednesday was Emma's first day of preschool. Photos of her to come.

No comments: