Tuesday, June 16, 2009

VBS, preschool and some totally random things

It's been a busy beginning to June. Last week was Vacation Bible School for the girls. This was MJ's third year and she was so excited to attend again. At the end of the week the kids perform all the songs they learned and present a slideshow with the lessons from each day. Then we enjoy a potluck dinner afterward.

Since E turned three she got to go as well. They were in separate classes too. MJ got to be in a group that rotated around to different stations and E was in the preschool room with my friend Dawn as her teacher. Dawn said E did really well. She said sometimes she had to ask her to repeat what she was saying, so E would say it slower and Dawn could then understand. Her speech is really getting a lot clearer. Although when she gets excited she talks fast and it's all a blur. But we are really proud of her.

She is enjoying summer preschool very much and doing well. Last week she just walked right into the craft room and sat down with her teacher and started coloring. Didn't even think twice when I kissed her and told her goodbye. It's neat seeing her do her own thing separate from MJ and do well at it. It's also nice to have some extra time with MJ. We've run errands together and also enjoyed some time at the park while E has been in school. She is continuing ballet this summer and they have already learned two routines. She has a great memory and has been practicing all the steps at home.

We had some really hot days in May, but June has been a little cooler and quite rainy. I think it has rained every day for almost a week. The rain is great for the crops and I'm glad I don't have to water the grass, but Josh had hay down so that has been frustrating. Rained on hay deteriorates quite quickly as you can probably imagine. I think tomorrow's forecast calls for clear skies all day.

Last weekend my SIL came over to help me get ready for a garage sale. She's a great organizer and motivator. Thanks Stephanie! After I get this issue sent to the printer this week, I'll finish working on sale items. It is such a good feeling to go through and purge. I've been wanting to get rid of the clutter for quite some time. I feel a real sense of freedom when I go through another closet and decide to part with something I probably won't be able to fit into again or didn't need in the first place. Why do we think we need so much stuff? I'm hoping that my "extra stuff" can be someone else's treasures this weekend and we can take another step toward decluttering our life. :)

J's well baby check was today so I'll try to finish his 4-month post tonight. We are headed out to t-ball shortly...


1 comment:

It Feels Like Chaos said...

So wonderful that E is doing well with her speech and school!