




Mackenzie's preschool had a graduation ceremony for all the kids moving onto kindergarten next year. It was really cute seeing them all in their caps and gowns. They performed several songs they learned, then went to the gym and ran around all the obstacles.
Mackenzie was rather sad to be finished with preschool. Poor girl-she's got her mother's emotions. One night before bed-that's when we do our best talking-I mentioned it being her last week of school. Her little lip started to quiver and she buried her head in her pillow. I realized she was sad. We talked about how she didn't want to be done and she had had so much fun. I think it was also a little sad for her that Emma was going to go to her school this summer and she wouldn't be there.
After that discussion, Josh and I did debate about sending her to school this summer also. But ultimately, we decided she didn't need to go through the summer; she's been well-prepared for school. Plus, it gives Emma a chance to do something on her own without big sis. It also gives MJ and I a chance to do some things this summer that she missed out on last year-like Walmart runs. She was always so bummed when she missed those. I'm looking forward to a fun summer with her before she's in school five days next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment