Thursday, June 25, 2009

MJ's dress






Several weeks ago MJ and I were in JoAnn's fabrics and I spotted this fabric. I thought; okay, I can do this. All we have to do is measure around, cut and sew a seam up the back and hem. No problem. MJ was very excited with the prospect of making her own dress. We also got a different pattern for Emma.

The biggest surprise was it was only one day before we actually got to the project. I'm usually one for having great ambitions, but finding time to follow through doesn't always happen. As you can see, MJ did sew it. Of course, I helped her a little, but she really did most of it. She had her foot on the pedal and guiding it under the needle.

I attached some ribbons that we tie at the shoulders to keep it on. She loves it!

Now, if I can just get to Emma's...

2 comments:

It Feels Like Chaos said...

Are you kidding? You and your young daughter made that dress?!!! It is so stinkin' cute! Great job! I have really always wanted to make something my daughter could actually wear (well besides hairbows) and you are inspiring me to try!

Christy Lee said...

Wow! I am WAY impressed! :)