Monday, June 29, 2009

Some random things

Just some random thoughts I have tonight.

Last night Josh got into "Mr. Clean" mode and totally cleared out our bedroom of all the "extra stuff" that had been accumulating in there. It looks so nice now and organized. MJ walked into today and said, "Wow, your room looks so nice and big. Just like it should if you were trying to sell it. It's staged so nicely." Can you tell this kid watches HGTV?! :)

Yesterday we filled the pool--aka plastic water tank--(can you tell we live in the country?) with about 8 inches of water. I don't fill it up all the way because no matter how many times I tell Emma that we don't put dirt in the pool, I still find dirt in the pool. I didn't want to have to dump out an entire pool full of water again and clean it again. Since there wasn't much water and the weather is hot hot hot, it was nice and warm today, so I decided to take J Man for his first swim. He seemed to like it too until his sisters started splashing.

After he and I got out of the pool, the girls proceeded to throw all of the miscellaneous toys (some filled with sand) into the pool. Therefore, 8 inches of nice warm pool water turned into 8 inches of muddy water. They still had a blast. They used the plastic slide as a boat and were paddling around. Oh, yeah and E took off her bathing suit and swam naked. That's our Little E!

Another conversation with E:
Me: Emma, we don't put dirt in the pool. What goes it the pool?
E: Wawee (still working on the "ter")
Me: Do we put dirt in the pool?
E: No
Me: Do you understand?
E: Yes
Me: Will she ever understand? :)

Oh well, they had fun, so I can't really stress over this.

Oxi-Clean Laundry Stain remover does remove ink pen from microfiber couches. Just in case you were wondering.

We watched Madagascar 2 as a family tonight. That is a cute movie. E got up and danced any time music came on. It was really funny.

Josh's cleaning binge got me motivated too. Today we worked on the girls' rooms. (more to follow)

Tomorrow gets busy. We have preschool, eye check-ups and hair appointments. I think we'll pack a picnic lunch because we'll be in town all day.

It's late; gotta hit the hay.

No comments: