Friday, May 29, 2009

Random late night thoughts

Okay, so the kids and hubs are in bed (have been for awhile); it is 11 p.m. here. I just enjoyed a glass of riesling and decided that even though I need to get up early tomorrow for an adventure with my SIL, I wanted to get down some thoughts. I have missed blogging lately. It's my online journal and my current way of scrapbooking memories that keep zooming by. So here are some thoughts about the kiddos before I forget them. Why don't I just write them down elsewhere? Well, some are fun and I thought you might want to know what they have been up to. Here are some random thoughts in no particular order. 

Tonight, I started the girls' bath water then walked back into the kitchen to do something not noticing I'd left the baby bath gel on the side of the tub (Emma was already in the bathroom). When will I ever learn? I came back in and saw she had emptied the bottle (it was full) into the bathtub. Needless to say, the girls had a blast in the bubble bath tonight! 

Jayten is a drooling, slobbering, hand chewing and sucking, smiling all the time, laughing, chubby little baby! Oh, I could just squeeze him all the time. He loves to smile at the girls. And I catch him smiling at strangers too. He will just look at you all serious then burst into the biggest grin. I can't believe he's almost 4 months old. His feet are really small compared to how big the rest of him is getting. I love that. Baby feet are so cute! He moved to his crib to sleep last Saturday. That was hard. His bassinet is still in our room, but I realized it's time he's in his own bed. My sister sent me this great book for Mother's Day called Let Me Hold You Longer. It is awesome. My sis is a such a sweety. In the inside she wrote a little note and included a kleenex, saying I was going to need it and to be prepared to answer the question, "Mommy, why are you crying?" when reading it to the girls. Anyway, the book reminds us that as we're remembering all the "firsts" our kids reach to not forget about the "lasts." That really got me thinking-especially not wanting it to be J's last night in his bassinet in our room (oh, sappy self, I'm crying as I write this already!). I think I will try harder now to remember the lasts as much as I remember the firsts. Thanks again Lace. 

Love summer weather-do not like mice, snakes, gophers, spiders and flies-all creepy crawly creatures we've seen this week. See I told you-random thoughts tonight. 

Trying to figure some summer activities for the girls. Will post more about this later. 

E is just talking so much all the time. It really seems she's hit her groove. Every day it's something new. Lately she's starting calling Mackenzie "Peanut." That's been MJ's nickname from Josh and I since she was a born. E can't say Mackenzie and doesn't even attempt it much. But, now she's picked up on the nickname. She runs around, "Peanut! Peanut?" She says it with the same upward inflection Josh does and it's really cute.

The girls have a love/dislike relationship. They have been playing really well together lately and I've been "catching them being good" and trying to point out how nice it is when they play well together. But, then a few short minutes later, they seem to be tormenting each other. E wants to do everything MJ does. She's her little shadow. It is really interesting to step back and watch your kids when they don't know you're really watching them. To see how they interact with siblings, other kids, other adults; it gives you a different perspective. I know God created my children different (we're all unique in our own special ways). As a mom, I have always wanted to make sure I learned my kids' different personalities and parented them accordingly. I don't think I have it all figured out yet, but hopefully my desire to and awareness of it will help me pick up on things that will help us have good parent/child relationships throughout all our years together.

Even when the girls fight, they still love each other so much. MJ was pointing out an ouchy today and Emma said, "Let me check it." Then she gave it a kiss. It's funny how kids can be so tender one second, then pushing each other around the next. I know deep down the love for each other is there. 

Well, enough randomness for now. It's off to bed. Hopefully my next late night blogging gig will include photos. :) 


No comments: