Monday, May 4, 2009

3 months old








Our little guy turned 3 months old on Sunday! Where has the time gone? 

-he has slept through the night two nights in a row, including waking up in the middle of one, fussy for a little while then going back to sleep by himself. Yeah! He has slept through before, but not two in a row. We'll see what tonight brings. 
-he is very smiley, usually in the morning when he wakes up and has eaten, during diaper changes or anytime we put him on the floor and look at him
-he is still in size 2 diapers
-he has found his hands and is starting to suck on them a lot. I just hope he doesn't forget he likes his pacifier.
-he is surviving his daily maulings of kisses and hugs by big sister Emma
-the only time he is still is while he sleeps. Most of the time he is kicking his legs and flailing his arms around with a gleeful look
-he is starting to coo and gurgle a lot more
-I still don't quite know what his eat/nap schedule is, but whatever it is it seems to be working for all of us (maybe I should write that down?! Or just continue going with the flow)
-I found myself just wanting to sit and do nothing but hold him and look into those big blue eyes and talk to him while he smiles adoringly back at me. :)
-he's holding his head up better, but still does the bobble head
-he doesn't really like tummy time, and I need to be better at putting him there a little bit each day
-he has outgrown some of his 0-3 month clothes and is wearing a few 3-6 month things
-Josh calls him "Little J"
-some days he prefers to sleep in his bouncy seat where we all are. He won't stay asleep in the bassinet, but when I bring him out to the noise he sleeps right through it. Other days he takes a good nap in his bassinet. See I don't have it figured out so we just go with whatever. He also sleeps a lot in the car and during our running around. Can't beat that. 
-he still sleeps in his bassinet in our room. I am having a hard time thinking about moving him to his crib. We'll see if we get some more nights of not waking up. The girls were sleeping through by now, so it was easier with them. Plus there is something else holding me back I think.
-I've said this before, but it is so true. He is such a great baby and we are all so blessed to have him in our family.

We love you J Man! Happy 3 months!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

so handsome - looks like his mommy more, I think!