MJ's Mommy/Me Tea for preschool
J and Little J making faces at each other
Our little man is getting so big!
The girls helping me plant our baby trees.
We've had a couple busy weeks, but all is good. Trying to jot down some things so I don't forget.
Emma had a great last day of preschool: she walked right in, hung up her coat and bag, moved her name over and headed over to pick out some paint. I asked for a kiss goodbye and she said came over, gave me love, said goodbye and went on her way. Her speech therapist from the school called and said she'd had a great session and explained where she saw her strengths and things we can work on. She will be participating in the preschool program tomorrow morning at school.
We planted our baby trees from the Arbor Day Foundation and worked in the yard all Saturday before last. The girls played in the sprinklers. So glad to have nice weather. Today it's supposed to be 95 degrees though! That's too hot; give me 70s, please. :)
For Mother's Day, we made it to church then headed to Nana's for a BBQ. It was a casual evening with Josh's family.
On Thursday, MJ had her last day at the gym and library and they had a Mommy/Me Tea. I went and had lemonade and brownies with her. The kids sang songs and then she gave me my Mother's Day gift they had made: a painted frame with her photo, and her handprint with a poem. I started reading it and got through only the second line before I got all choked up and had to stop reading. You know the one...
Because I am so small,
And always leave my fingerprints
On furniture and walls.
But everyday I'm growing,
I'll be grown up someday,
And all these tiny handprints
Will simply fade away.
So here's a final handprint
Just so you can recall,
Exactly how my fingers looked
When I was very small."
She has her preschool graduation tomorrow night and a gymnastics performance afterwards. Last Friday she went to her last Honey Bears and they got to ride the bus. She was so excited. First, the parents went with them, then we got off and the kids went by themselves. She's just getting so big.
On Saturday, I planted more flowers in the front flowerbeds. I filled in some spots with perennials and the girls planted some petunias in pots. That evening we celebrated Mich's 18th birthday and high school graduation. It was a fun night with family and friends. It's hard to believe she's graduating. When Josh and I started dating, she was just a little girl in glasses. She's like another little sister to me so I do get a little sappy thinking about it.
This week will also be busy, but we're looking forward to it. We have high school graduation tonight, preschool tomorrow night and Matt's 8th grade graduation Wednesday. I love all this stuff though. Even though we'll be going a lot, we have a lot to celebrate and we'll be spending time together and with family. You can't beat that!
Well, here's my little Not Me Monday confession for today,
I did not put off writing my story because there were so many more fun things to do last week, so I do not have to finish writing it right now!
No comments:
Post a Comment