Wednesday, April 22, 2009

This week

Yesterday was busy, but fun. We dropped MJ off at school, then headed to the bank and postal store for errands. E enjoyed showing off baby brother and getting a sucker at the bank. After we got home, I decided I needed to give the horse her vaccinations and wormer, so we headed to the barn for that. I had told the girls awhile back we could give Zani a bath. Emma has been asking almost every day, "Zani, bath?!" So, I thought it was a good day to do that. It was another hot one. My friend dropped MJ off after school and she got to help me finish, which she was very excited about. I then put Zani back in the pasture by our house. The girls are happy to have her closer where they can feed her again and we can start petting and riding her. Emma kept saying, "Zani home, Zani home." 

After lunch and getting some more stuff done at home, we headed back to town for ballet. Carla and her mom were there so I enjoyed visiting with them. Usually I don't get to watch MJ dance, but today we got to sit in on practice. She did really well; totally focused and doing what Aunt Michelle (her teacher) asked. I think she has a natural talent for ballet/dance. She really loves it and talks about it and practices a lot at home. I did get a few pics that I'll post later. After that we headed to the park. We had about 10 minutes before swimming started. And I would compare our time there to speed dating (not that I've ever done that, but the experience resembled something I've seen on TV). The girls ran from one thing to the next, first the slides, then the merry-go-round, then the jungle gym, then the slides, then the swings, then the climby thing, then the slides again. Emma lost one shoe in between each stop. I had to pick up Jayten in his carrier each time they took off. Hopefully next time we'll have more time before class starts. But they seemed to have fun any way. Then we headed to the pool. MJ worked on jumping in, practiced her arms and had a lot of fun (her words). Emma really didn't want to participate, so she just sat on the steps. 

Today MJ's preschool toured a local veterinary clinic so E,  J and I stayed to do that with her. Then, we ran to Walmart for a few things. We had the whole afternoon at home, then had swimming lessons. Today was safety day for Mackenzie's class. The donned life jackets and spent most of the time jumping in the water then swimming to the side. It took Emma a little time to warm up tonight, but she did get in and spent most of the time jumping in and going under the water. 

Last night Josh called a couple times. I could tell he was bored as he called twice just to talk. The first time he had showered and was meeting the guys to go to dinner. The second time he was walking around the hotel. He gave me a guided phone tour. They are staying at a place that has a 50-lane bowling alley and a driving range where you hit the balls out onto floating pads. Tons of restaurants, etc. He said it would be great for just the two of us to come back down to sometime. Lots to see and do within the hotel; we wouldn't even have to leave it. While I'd rather be there with him; it was still fun visiting with him about it. 

Tomorrow is MJ's final Honey Bears session, so we'll do that in the morning then we have a few errands in town.

No comments: