I grabbed a few quick pics of the kids on Monday. Not the best photos, but that wasn't the point at the time. (Sometimes I find myself getting so into getting the "perfect" shot, I miss the moment.) Anyway, the point was to capture this moment in time--an afternoon of fun.
The weather was gorgeous! I mean absolutely beautiful. Warm, sunny, not windy. The kids and I had spent the day outside working on the yard, getting sprinklers and hoses working, weeding, etc. I do feel a little overwhelmed as it's a big yard and a lot to do to get it looking nice, but it was really good being outside and the girls were having a great time. Back and forth from the playhouse to the sand area, then to the patio, then to help me weed, then to set-up tball, then finally to sport bathing suits and run through the sprinklers. At first, they were just going to drag the hose around and water the grass. That worked for awhile, then they began to chase each other with the hose. Then the began to chase me. Oh the giggles we shared. Two little girls running around in bathing suits laughing hysterically as they chased their mother with a water hose. Can you just picture it?
No, I was not in a bathing suit myself, which made it more funny as they were getting my clothes wet. Me in a bathing suit at this point would be scary. I can still here the laughter and see the mischievous look on Emma's face as she charged at me anytime I got close to her. And MJ was in the background egging her on. I look forward to more fun times this spring and summer. After they tired of playing in the water, MJ wanted to warm up on the patio. She asked for popsicles, but we made do with apples and crackers instead. I think we went through about 3 boxes of popsicles last summer. Oh, the childhood memories that brings back. Gota love pop ice. Good times.
Jayten slept in his carseat outside so I could keep an eye on him. Plus that was the only place he would stay asleep for more than 5 minutes. His naps during the day are a little predictable. Some days he sleeps really well; other days not so much. Usually he is awake for awhile in the morning then sleeps on the way to preschool, then sleeps again in the afternoon. Sometimes he'll take really good naps then other days he is up about every 15-20 minutes. I have not pushed to get him on a real schedule, as the first 10 weeks have already been somewhat of a blur. If he needs me to hold him while he sleeps, then I would love to oblige. Although I feel I don't accomplish much during the days either, but I have to just let them be little. Soon they will all big so big. He did sleep from 9:30 p.m. to 5:30-6 a.m. a couple more times, including last night. That is definitely welcome.
Last week the girls started swimming lessons. Emma was quite timid at first, but last night she walked to the teacher and got right in all by herself. She didn't even look back at me. She's doing much better. And Mackenzie is like a fish; she has always loved the water. Last night she kept going under and swimming underwater from one end of the little pool to the other. Her lessons are in the big pool, but they get to play at the end of it in the little pool. We have two more days this week and four days next week. There is a park right outside the pool, so I promised the girls a picnic dinner tonight before swimming. We have done lessons in February in the past and it was always cold and dark when we left the pool. It's nice to still have daylight when we leave now.
Josh left this morning for Reno. He'll be there through the weekend for the Angus show. This is our first time without him since J was born, but I think we'll be fine. We'll, I need to keep getting ready for the day. Looking upward and forward to it!
No comments:
Post a Comment