Monday, June 30, 2008

Summertime Fun

I love my kids. 

I know that sounds like "duh, of course you do," but lately it seems I've been dwelling on the everyday ho-hum of life. We've been so busy with the house and work and just trying to get through this crazy time. Sometimes you forget to stop and enjoy all the little moments, even if it is just fixing a meal or giving them a bath. So, today (it was actually Saturday) when I saw my girls running and splashing and playing in the water, I just thought "Wow, I just love them so much. Look how much fun they are having." They reminded me of childhood and carefree dreams and just enjoying the moments we're in. I just couldn't help by smile. I had as much fun watching them be little as they did playing around. I thank God for them and for this time we have together. It will never seem long enough. So, I've renewed my pledge to myself and to my family to enjoy every day like it were our last. 

Okay, enough serious talk. So, after they had fun playing around and decided it was time to get out of the water awhile, we got their suits off and MJ laid down on her towel (she was dressed). Emma, however, headed back to the pool for a little skinny dipping (she was not dressed!) So, she splashed around for a little bit before I got her corralled and clothed again. She went down for a nap and later in the afternoon after she woke up she headed straight for the pool again-only this time with clothes on. That kid! She thought it was so funny. You gotta love her--and I do. 





1 comment:

Crystal said...

hey maggie. what cute little girls you have. your house is looking great you are going to be so excited with all the room! i don't know if you are added to mine send me your email addresss o i can add you. teryns_girl@hotmail.com
hope to hear from you guys soon