Dill-icious Potato Salad-I have to give credit to the Penzey's Spice catalog for this although I didn't use their spices. The sauce is a little runnier than a traditional one probably because of the vinegar. I think this would make a great green salad dressing too.
3 lbs. red potatoes
1 TB lemon pepper
1-2 tsp. dill weed (I just realized I put in 1 TB. Oops! But, even that wasn't too dilly for us.)
1 tsp. Aleppo pepper (not sure what that is so I used black pepper)
2 TB. water (could eliminate to make less runny)
1/4 cup light mayonnaise (I used the real stuff, not Miracle Whip)
1/4 cup olive oil (I used a little less)
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 TB. honey
1 TB. prepared Dijon-style mustard (I used Grey Poupon)
clean and cut the potatoes into rounds; place in kettle of cold water. Bring to boil and cook 10-12 minutes, until fork tender. Rinse and return to empty pot on warm stove-top briefly, covered, to dry. While potatoes are cooking, cover the spices with the water in a roomy bowl. Let stand 3 minutes to wake up the spice flavor (a Penzey's thing, I guess). Add the mayo, oil, vinegar, honey and mustard to the bowl. Whisk vigorously to combine. Add potatoes, toss to coat. Serve warm or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to eat. Toss again before eating. We ate it warm the first night and cold after that. It was good both ways.
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment