Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Eat, sleep, paint. Repeat.






Well, if you've been wondering about us it's because that is what we have been doing almost every waking moments and some when we should be sleeping too. But, I am excited to say, the walls of the house are finally finished!! Thanks to some fast work by my hubby this weekend--he gave the basement walls their first coat and gave me just the push I needed to tackle that job. I have touched up a few walls, but now we just have the baseboard and some trim left. Such a good feeling. It's really starting to feel like our home now. Here are few more pics of our progress. The girls have been really patient about the process so I'm thankful for that. We're anxious to get moved and start enjoying this home as a family. The first photo is the kitchen. We'll be getting the new cabinets and countertops next week sometime. The second is the playroom. It matches our bedroom and the office is one shade darker beige like the living room and hall. The third is Josh's half bath. I'm excited to say I installed that floor by myself. Now, it's just peel and stick tiles, but I still am proud of my accomplishment. The next is the girls' bathroom. The final is the TV room in the basement. All the walls and hall are this color. It's two shades lighter than the living room upstairs. Josh and I were both happy with the paint colors. You never quite know how it's all going to turn out when you're looking at a little paint chip. It's a little overwhelming I think. It all turned out nicely though. I think we went through around 13 gallons of paint for the house. 

No comments: