Monday, January 28, 2008

Still cold, but the sun is shining

Well, it's still cold here, but I guess it is winter now, isn't it?! On Friday, Josh took Mackenzie out to bottle feed a calf (the one that he was taking care on Thursday). She thought it was great fun. Emma wasn't too sure about it. She really doesn't like animals. At least she doesn't like being close to them. If anything comes near her, a cat, dog, horse, cow, etc., she gets really freaked out. She does do okay if she's in control of the situation and chooses to be close to it. She does get really excited and jabbers when she sees one, but if it makes a move towards her, she usually scrambles up my leg. I'm sure it's a little intimidating when you're that little, but I hope I can figure out how to help her overcome it. 
After feeding the calf, MJ wanted to play in the snow. She figured out she could write her name in it and was imagining all sorts of things to do in the snow. Emma, on the other hand, wasn't quite sure. She always brings me her boots and seems to want to go outside, but then once we're out there she realizes it might not be that fun. I guess she's her mother's daughter and more of a fair weather girl. 

No comments: