Just wanted to share a little blurb from Emma. She's just a riot. I don't know how she's survived this far the way she scales everything. I took some video of her climbing the couch, then onto the coffee table. You know for posterity sake and so I can show her when she has children of her own who do crazy things. Then, after I let her do it a little while, I said, "Now, don't ever do that again." Doesn't make much sense, does it? It's hard to get mad at her about all the little stuff she does because she's so cute. She's just a VERY busy 20-month old. Yesterday, I thought I was really smart by having her take two naps (she's really down to one a day now--ugh! But I had deadlines.) She showed me by promptly waking up at 6:30 a.m. this morning! I thought maybe a little snuggle time with us and bed and she'd go back to sleep. No, she had other plans. So, MJ, Emma and I were up early making coffee cake. I do enjoy having MJ help in the kitchen. Emma is getting to the age where she wants to help to, so I have to find things she can handle. As long as they each have their own bench, we do pretty well. After breakfast, Mackenzie decided she wanted to do my hair and make-up. And of course, Emma had to help too. So, I spent an hour (or what seemed like forever) in the chair, letting them use their hair stuff (a princess shoe, play kitchen stuff, a squeeze bottle, whatever they could find) to do my hair and make-up. Wow, these are the good times. What memories we're making. At least that is my hope. That we will look back and remember the Saturday mornings spent doing silly things together.
No comments:
Post a Comment