Monday, January 21, 2008
Quiet weekend
It was a relatively quiet weekend around the Malson house. I didn't get pictures, but Emma and Mackenzie gave us plenty of reason to laugh every day. Last night, Josh was reclining in the rocker with his feet up. Emma had a hair scrunchie Mackenzie likes to where as a bracelet. She was standing in front of him putting it up on his feet. She made "wooooooaahhhhhhhh" and "aaaaahhhhhhh" sounds as she was doing it. She was very proud of herself when she would get it to stay balanced on his toes. Then she'd clap for herself. It was hilarious just watching her. I wanted to video it, but I also didn't want to get up and miss the moment we were in. Sometimes you just have to take it in and be happy you were in the moment. Sometimes, I probably try to document too much, and somehow miss "the moment." It's probably only funny to us because she's our kid, but I thought I'd share. While Emma makes us laugh because of what she does, Mackenzie is so funny because of what she says. I wish I was better at remembering it. Lately, she's been watching too much TV, I confess, (at least it's just PBS kids and Food Network). I can tell it's been too much because periodically during the day she'll come in and ask me things like, "Did you know that if you have too many clothes or your closet is too full, you can buy these hangers and you hang all your clothes and then they fold down, and then your closet is more organized! Is that so cool, Mom? We should get some! Isn't that so exciting?" She's been watching the commercials a little too closely. If it's not closet organization, it's toilet cleaner or laundry detergent. Today, MJ enjoyed playing in the snow for awhile. She asked for a bucket and a toy shovel, and was happy digging around for awhile. She loves to be outside. She and Emma went and fed with Josh the other night. I watched them out the window. The girls were all bundled up. They looked so small walking out there along side him. We are really blessed they can do that with him. I think that's it for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment