
I had never even heard of snow ice cream, so I can't say it was some fun tradition that we did as kids, but I read a little blurb about when we were in Kansas. With the big snows we had there, I thought we'd try it. It was delicious. When it started to snow back in Idaho, it gave us another chance to make it again, and MJ was excited. So, maybe we have a new tradition. The recipe calls for lots of fresh snow (I just put a big bowl outside to collect it as it fell), 1-2 cups milk (depending on amount of snow), 1 TB vanilla and 1/2 cup sugar. Mix it all together until desired consistency. It was a fun, albeit cold, treat on a winter day. Mackenzie also insisted we have hot cocoa and warm up with snuggly blankets afterwards.
No comments:
Post a Comment