
Yesterday the girls and I made pretzel dough. After their bath, I had promised they could help me bake them. They each got a piece of dough to do with what they wanted. (Notice Emma's is much smaller.) Mackenzie started out making a fish because they made cinnamon sugar pretzel fish at Sunday school, then she decided she'd make a snake. After about 15 minutes, three cookie cutters and little bit more dough, she came up with a flower for heself, a heart for me and a Princess for Dad (It looked more like a fat upside down triangle with two holes poked in it, but she was quite proud.) Emma's dough, I'm afraid to report didn't make it to the baking sheet. I did end up giving her another small piece. The first one mysteriously disappeared. I think MJ sneaked a little into her own batch or at least I'm hoping it was that and not that Emma ate it! Her little pieces were a little two wet, and a little too dirty from falling on the floor repeatedly. But, she had fun and she got to help Mom and Big Sis, which is what she loves to do. After they baked, we rolled them in butter. Some were tossed with cinnamon sugar and some with garlic. Those were Mackenzie's too choices. And, according to her the garlic ones were the winners. She's really into games now. She likes to know who the winner is and the loser, but she really likes it when there is a tie. It was a fun night in the kitchen for us girls, and Josh enjoyed the sampling at the end. Mackenzie told me several times, which just made my day, "Mom, I love baking and cooking with you!"
No comments:
Post a Comment