Tuesday, December 15, 2009

More catching up!

Sunday morning I woke up to the sweetest sound-Little J pounding on the wall saying dada, dada. That was the first time he'd done that. And even sweeter-Josh got up to get him and bring him to me. I didn't have to leave the comfort of my new warm flannel sheets!

-------------------

Toward the end of last week, I started to feel crummy, congestion, cough, etc. I pretty much lost my voice all weekend and still have a cough, but am feeling better. J is almost finished with his medicine and his fever only lasted a couple days. The girls have the sniffles too, but we're thankful nothing more.

------------------

Saturday morning we woke up to snow and lots of it! MJ had a little dance clinic with the high school dance team so I took her in for that. E and J and I returned a couple items and shopped in town while we waited for her. She had a great time. That day the girls and I made sugar cookie dough. Baking cookies and making goodies are one of the traditions we have. My mom is famous for all her baked treats and candies and I have lots of memories of being in the kitchen with her. I love having the same time with my girls. The dough freezes well and we'll bake and decorate the cookies closer to Christmas time. It's nice to get the dough making out of the way. Saturday night we went back to town so MJ could dance at half-time of the boys BB game. She did fabulous and had so much fun. I videoed it with our regular video camera, but I have a few shots of her posing afterward.

-----------------------

The girls played in the snow on Sunday and we baked Gingerbread cookies after their baths. I think MJ's going to be my snow girl. She loves the snow and played out there a long time. And she always requests a cup of hot chocolate to warm up with when she comes back inside.

-----------------------

I have a very busy work week, trying to meet a deadline before the holidays. I definitely want to spend next week hanging out with the kiddos since the girls will be out of school.

---------------------

I caught Little J standing with his walker today. Then he just took off and walked a complete circle around the house through the living and dining rooms behind it. That kid just isn't going to stop!

--------------------

I attempted Christmas card pics of the kids Saturday. I don't know why it's harder for me to photograph my own children. Maybe it's the perfectionist in me. Anyway, there were some cute outtakes from the session that I hope to get posted. Kind of a behind the scenes look at what really goes on sometimes. :)



No comments: