Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Fun busy weekend

Last Friday, I went into Mackenzie's class for her Christmas party while Mich watched E and J. I could tell she was really excited to have me there as she kept walking me around the class to look at things and didn't really want me leaving her side. I was so glad I could be part of the day with her. She's been talking for a week now about all the fun surprises they had been making at school. She's not much of one for keeping a surprise a surprise. :)

Afterward the girls, Mich and I headed to Horseshoe Bend to catch the ThunderMountainLine's Northpole Express. It was a train ride up to the "North Pole" to meet Santa. There were carolers on board, food and drinks. We met Mark, Carla and Carla's family up there. The kids had a great time. It was a pretty ride (at least when it was still light out). I'd love to go sometime in the summer too. MJ kept running and jumping in the snow. Emma was collecting snow to bring home. We distracted her with a candy cane so she didn't get upset about leaving it. They both talked to Santa, and told him what they would like for Christmas, then each received a candy cane. We've never done anything like this, but I've always wanted to. I'm glad we decided to try it this year. The girls are at the perfect age to really enjoy it.

On Saturday we went to Jared and Stephanie's. Us girls went shopping for a family we adopted through the Boys and Girls Club, then we all went to the Botanical Gardens. Each year they decorate the gardens in thousands of Christmas lights. It was quite an exhibit. My photos don't do it justice. Then, we headed back to the house for pizza and present wrapping.



MJ thought Jayten needed a bow on his head.



Boise Botanical Garden aGlow



The girls thought the lights were super cool. They even got to meet and pet a real reindeer.



Emma and her snowballs. She kept picking them up and wanted to bring them home from the Northpole.



Meeting Santa and Mrs. Claus at the Northpole.





We toured the train and were checking out all the cars.



It was fun being a part of MJ's Christmas party at school.



Her teacher had lots of fun activities planned for the kids.



She was very proud of her Gingerbread house made out of Graham crackers.

No comments: