Monday, September 14, 2009

Little J's new trick


Well, this little guy, who really isn't so little anymore is doing so much in his 7th month. He's learned to blow bubbles and likes to show off that skill a lot. Here he's showing off his new trick and doing his "boy noise" as I like to call it. It's a lot of grunting and such. He's also schooching up his buns and getting onto his knees. He's rocking back and forth and will probably be crawling within the next couple weeks. He pushes himself up to sitting from his tummy. Last night (Sunday) had decided to lower his crib mattress because that morning I had awakened to a little pounding noise. I went in to check on him and was sitting up in his crib, grinning ear to ear and pounding on the side. When I put him in it last night, he looked so little being so far down, but he immediately tried pulling up on the side! Good thing we moved it down. He'll be pulling up at it in no time I'm afraid. He has also found his voice in the last few days, making this high pitched shriek. He's moving all over the place, getting himself into whatever he wants. Time to baby proof this house. He's still just the happiest little guy around. I have made a little baby food for him and he loves it too. He's had green beans and some chicken. I still feed him some of the jarred stuff as it travels well and gives him a little more variety. He likes his oatmeal in the morning then gets a vegetable and fruit for lunch and dinner. He is also using his sippy cup much better. He had his 6-month checkup for his eye last week. They checked his vision and everything appears normal with no lazy eye. He will go back in a year. We're thankful for that good news. It's hard to believe how fast this little guy is growing. And on Friday, I found another tooth had popped through on the bottom. That makes seven teeth total that are in or have at least broken the surface! He just seems to change more and more every day.

No comments: