
Here are some photos from before our trip. I finally hung the mirror in the hallway. It's only been sitting there since July. I have a good excuse though (maybe). It's very heavy and I had to make sure I got it into the studs. It wasn't really that hard to do once I got my tools out. Now I'm looking for a bench to match to complete the entry. I decided I would only put up decorations where I'd already hung something so I didn't put in more holes in the wall. The girls helped me decorate the tree. MJ and I had it almost done before Emma woke up from her nap, but we didn't quite make it. She kept walking up to it with an ornament and trying to hang it, then she'd back away again. It was like she wasn't quite sure, but she wanted to help. After they went to bed that night, I finished hanging some of Josh's ornaments on the top. For awhile, the tree was only decorated about halfway up because that was as far as they could reach. I think it turned out nice. The house looks festive, but I'm not overwhelmed by the thought of having to pack it all away again. Some stuff just didn't make it out this year, but that's okay. The important things are there: the tree with the tree skirt and stockings my mom made as a wedding gift for Josh and I, the Willow Tree nativity from my mom and sister, the girls Little People Nativity so they have one to play with, and the wreath I remember my grandma having before it was passed onto my mom.



No comments:
Post a Comment