This morning Mackenzie came to tell me Emma had climbed in the baby stroller again. So, I helped take her out and told MJ to show her sister what the stroller is used for. This was a dream assignment for her. She said, "Come on Emma, let's go play!" I could hear her talking to Emma saying this is where we put the baby dolls and you're not a baby Emma. You're a toddler. She got them both babies to play with and they both had blankets and purses. She drove the stroller around and Emma toddled after her with her baby. They went to the market and picked up groceries. After quite awhile of playing together, Emma finally had a chance to push the stroller herself with her own baby. It was quite fun watching and listening to them play together. Later they came into the office where I was working. Periodically MJ likes to use my handheld tape recorder to record her voice. Today she said, "I'm just playing babies with my sister. It's a lot of fun. I love my babies. I'm trying to be a mom. Having babies. Being a mom is a lot of responsibility. You have to feed the baby. You have to change diapers. You have to do lots of important things and take care of them and have fun." And it's all there on the tape! I may have to remind her of that some day. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment