Thursday, April 24, 2008

It's spring or is it?

It's definitely spring in Idaho and by that I mean it's cold in the morning then gets to near 70 in the afternoon then cools back off at night. We'd had some really nice warm days, then back to 40-50's. I wish it would make up its mind, but then once it becomes warm, it moves to hot and then we're sweating all the time. Everything is finally green around here, but that also means my weeds and lawn are already out of control. Hopefully we'll get to all that this weekend. It's hard being in between houses as I want to work on the new yard, yet not let this one completely go either. Ohhh! 

I hope that didn't sound too negative because really things are quite lovely here. It's been a nice week; seems to have gone fast.  Monday night was music class. Only a couple more weeks left. I'm not sure if we'll take a class this summer or not. The girls really enjoy it though. Tuesday and Thursday, the girls were at daycare. Since I am in between deadlines, I worked at the house both days. I patched a fist-sized hole in the drywall downstairs and am pretty proud of how it turned out. I actually cut new drywall and put it in the hole. Gotta love spray texture in a can; it was my saving grace. Wednesday was our day out. We went to the library then to Walmart for groceries. After putting groceries away, we headed back into town to visit the ladies at the nursing home. I think this was our best visit yet. Mackenzie talked the entire time just telling them what she'd been up to. She's never at a loss for words. Emma gave out hugs to everyone. The activity director brought some large wooden beads and gave to the residents. Then Emma would go up and get them or trade or whatever. One gal put one on her finger so Emma did that too. It was nice to see the girls interacting with them. I think everyone enjoyed the day. The girls were happy to hand out more hugs too when we left.

Tonight I gave the horses their shots and wormer so the girls enjoyed being outside while I did that and we fed them. We grilled hamburgers and I made oven fries for dinner. 

I have a few work things to do tomorrow, but we'll probably just hang out at home. If it's nice I hope to get to the yards. Zeke's coming out for the weekend to stay and help Josh around the ranch. The girls will be excited to see him. They always have a good time when they are together. 

No comments: