Monday, February 1, 2010

Some more catch up

I just wanted to catch up on some things from the last few days. Last Thursday was a great day. When I took Emma to school I stayed for about an hour and helped put together a page in the students' "I am Special" books. These books consist of photos and papers they've done throughout the year, kind of like their scrapbook. While I was in the other room and didn't actually work with E, I still could peek through the door and see/hear her interact with the other kids and teachers. She is very independent at school too. In fact, she didn't even notice me there, just went about her playing. She's the only girl in the class, but all the kids are friends. She played by herself a lot, but she does that at home. She listened so well to her teacher and loved the singing, etc. at circle time. It was a neat experience. I'm excited to go back and continue helping with the books too.

When I came home, MJ had set up a tea party in the living room, so I played that with her for awhile. Later that afternoon, when MJ was in school, and Emma was home we played restaurant and Ariel Go Fish. We made it through the whole game too! Sometimes E gets distracted or doesn't want to follow the rules, but she did well this time and we got to work on numbers while we played too.

Later that night, the girls had a dance performance at a basketball game and afterwards we went to their school for Bingo for Books. They both played and each got a Bingo, so they brought home some new books.

I felt great about Thursday, had some much needed quality time with the kiddos and didn't worry about all the stuff that needed done. It was wonderful!

I got a late start Friday morning, so it seemed I was getting nothing done. But, at one point, Emma came in all dressed in her ballet costume and wanted some music on so she could dance. I just couldn't resist my little girl in her tutu, so I stopped and took some time to watch her and also grabbed some photos too.

Saturday I spent part of the day at the Wine and Chocolate event. All the benefits go to Love, INC., which is an awesome organization bringing together churches and communities to provide goods, resources and care where needed. It truly is the "hands and feet" of Christ. I spoke with one of the directors of the local chapter (It's a national organization) and we had a great conversation. First, her husband works for a local feedlot and they receive the magazine I publish. And second, her son is really interested in photography. I also met another local photographer I've had e-mail correspondence with, but we'd never talked. She has a little girl about J's age. We hit it off really well and are planning to meet for coffee soon. One of my photo goals this year was to reach out to other photogs in the area. Last week I'd met another one for lunch and had a great visit. I saw some old friends and met some new ones. The event was to promote my photography and Longaberger. The crowd that came through was a whole different group of people than I have met at other events so that was nice. And the chocolate was great!

Sunday after church, we went to Nampa to see family and hang out. We had an impromptu dinner with J&S and the kids got to see their Nana.

We are excited to see my parents as they arrive tomorrow. So, so much to do today to get ready! The girls have a friend over right now and J's napping, so I need to get busy. I do have photos and a video to post soon.

No comments: