Saturday, February 13, 2010

G'ma and G'dad







It was great having my parents here last week. Since we live so far apart it is just nice to have them around, enjoying coffee in the mornings together, reading books to the kids, helping me finish my little projects. The girls enjoyed helping Gma Jo make salads for J's birthday party, and all of us girls helped make the cupcakes. E and I did the dry ingredients while MJ and Mom did the wet. We were kind of laughing because I let the girls choose and of course I got the kid who picked the messier job. 3-year-old + flour = mess. :0)But, it was still fun and I think we actually contained it quite well this time. And I wouldn't trade cooking with my kids or seeing them cook with my mom for anything. And Little E loves to help with everything, so of course she was not afraid to use the screwdriver with Dad. (He was installing the baby locks on my cabinets.) Thanks Mom and Dad for making the trip out to see us, for all your help during the week with kids, cooking, cleaning, errands, etc. I'm so glad you could be here for J's first birthday. Love you both sooooooooooo much!

1 comment:

Christy Lee said...

There's just nothing like having mom and dad around, is there. So glad you could enjoy some time with them! :)