
At one-year-old, Jayten...
-has mastered walking and is trying to go even faster. I love watching him toddle around the house. I can hear his little patter, patter, patter on the floor down the hallway.
-is grunting and babbling and making all sorts of noises all the time. Mama and Dada are his only real words, but today he tried saying "Moo" when he saw the cows outside the window. It was more like a spitting/blowing sound, but he's trying.
-had RSV and recently spent time in the hospital, but seems to have recovered rather quickly. And despite being sick, has remained a very happy baby.
-smiles ALL the time. Love, love, love it! He can light up my day in so many ways. Although, he is starting to display opposition when things are taken away from him or he is removed from someplace he shouldn't be, he is happy most all of the time.
-has one molar that's popped through and is working on more.
-loves to laugh at his sisters.
-has started dancing when he hears music.
-weighed 21 lbs., 2 oz. and was 29 inches tall at his well-baby check-up (even though he is bigger than the girls were at this age, he's still only around the 25-50 percentiles).
-is definitely a momma's boy, but loves his daddy too. He knows when Josh is leaving to go outside and that's when he clings the most to him. I know he's going to be his cowboy sidekick before too long.
-had a great time with G'ma Jo and G'dad Brock when they visited and loves seeing them on the computer when we Skype.
-is still taking two naps a day, but I'm not sure how long that will last. I'm holding on to it as long as I can though.
-never meets a stranger and has smiles for everyone he sees.
-has the cutest dimples ever!
-loves throwing balls, and pushing trucks and tractors
-has started throwing things on the floor to hear them make noise. He's all boy!
-enjoys standing on our bed looking outside our window.
-eats about anything that's put in front of him.
-likes hats-not so much the wearing them, but carrying them around, flapping them in the air, putting them on, taking them off and chewing on the brims. When Josh comes inside and picks him up, J immediately reaches for his hat.
-can climb the stairs very well-actually has been doing that since before he was walking.
-loves bathtime. He hated bathtime for about the first couple months, but now he gets so excited when he hears the water running.
-still wakes at night some. I was much better at getting the girls to get back to sleep on their own.
-is such a joy and a delight. And even though I was a little sad to see his first birthday come and go so quickly, I am excited to see how our little boy will continue to grow and change this next year.
We love you Little J-man!
2 comments:
He is soooo cute! I love his blue eyes.
Goes too fast, doesn't it? Cute pics!
Post a Comment