Even though he was sick he couldn't keep from smiling!
His little baby gown was so cute!
Yay, no more tubes!
Warning-long post coming up. Feel free to just browse and move on. I'm just trying to get this down for journaling purposes. When I found out we were indeed going to the hospital, I was a little disappointed and started a little "why us, why now?" silent pity party in my mind. It was my last day with my parents, plus I had a ton of work to get to the rest of the week. Being in the hospital with a sick baby was not my plan. Not to mention the cost of a hospital stay! But, after those initial, natural feelings passed, I felt very much at peace about things. I know deep down that nothing is too big or too small for God to have a hand in. And of course, if this was the best thing for Little J, then we wanted him to get better quickly. There was something else that came up in his well baby check that is a wait and see kind of thing. I was actually more concerned about it, but again, I started to pray that it would be fine. And I kept telling myself, as much as we love our son, God loves him even more and has a great plan for him.
After we were settled in our room and Mom and Dad had gone home with Emma, it was just Little J and I. Even though I had deadlines and other stresses in my life, it was as if my mind just emptied. I didn't think about any of that the rest of our stay. Spending all that time with my baby and getting him well was all I was thinking about. It was kind of nice. We played, we napped. I watched some Food Network and HGTV. I was going to try to read, but little J was active enough I had to watch him so he didn't fall off the bed. It was kind of like when he was born, I tried to sleep when he slept.
I'm still not sure of the "why" of everything, and I don't need to be. I just will be thankful for that time I had with my son, that it was not more serious than it was, and that he has recovered well from it. I am grateful too for a wonderful husband, family and friends who were praying for us and keeping things moving at home while we were away. During that time, I also said many prayers for those other families who stay in the hospital with sick babies all the time. It put our situation into perspective.
No comments:
Post a Comment